Reino Talk

art

Friday, October 17, 2008

Vanilla

I guess I understand how the term "vanilla" came to mean bland. It is simply about the color of the ice cream I imagine. This though irks me. Vanilla is really exotic despite its commonplace in out culture. I think it is taken for granted by us as a people. At the very least we are guilty of confusing mellow or subtle for weak and bland.
I can't honestly say i have recently heard anyone accusing someone or something of being vanilla, so I don't know why I am bringing this up at all. The only other thing i can offer on the subject is that i am also not a fan of artificial flavors. If ever i have a larder to stock again i intend to go for whole bean vanilla avoid the synthetic vanillan molecule. Also Vanilla ice cream is my favorite flavor, though i don't find it goes so very well with coffee. That is to say putting vanilla flavor in coffee as opposed to vanilla ice cream. Wow this is an extra lame post.
r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home