Reino Talk

art

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sate of disbelief

I need to develop my public persona so here I go.

I am currently in Asheville NC awaiting my flight to Seattle WA. I tried to get settled down here and it wasn't happening. I got another rejection letter in the mail today for a job I applied for. The second from The HR department of the University of North Carolina. The first one I got a week ago. It read the same way as the one I got today not counting the position I was applying for. I mention this because I had one of those moments of suspending disbelief when I got the first letter.

Though I knew it was a form letter and not written just for me it was worded in an encouraging way. "However, the committee did ask that I communicate to you how impressed they were with your experience and skills," is the line I am referring to.
Again, I knew this was not a unique letter written for me but until I received the second one there was a small part of me that felt pleased with the tone of the letter. It is far better than the usual silence or negative feed back one usually gets looking for work. In truth there is still a small part of me pleased with the tone of the letter.

I am tempted to create a false persona to see if there are other form letters they send out for separate occasions. I like to believe the next step up would be to be asked in for an interview so i guess I am talking about the next step down. What would some one grossly unqualified get for there troubles. Is there a letter less friendly and less gentle? I'd like to find out but I think my time would be better spent figuring out how to get the interview. Maybe in Seattle.
r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home