Reino Talk

art

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maybe it apples and oranges

So recently the "Large Hadron Collider" was completed, used and didn't implode the universe. I am pretty sure I wouldn't be writing this if it did. These super colliders are cool and so is physics but this is not what i am writing about. According to wikipedia the collider is 17 mile long and uses 96 tons of liquid helium to maintain the super conductor aspects of the magnets. My point is that it is long and holds a lot of structural technology that has to be put together corectly and maintained. No small feat and is said to have cost 6.4 billion dollars after overages.

Now compare this to my quasi-hometown of Boston's Big dig project. This, again according wikipedia, runs 3.5 miles and cost 14.6 billion dollars. It is already beleagured with structural problems. Predictably in my mind.

I can't think of what else to say that isn't said by the numders above.
r.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home